Start Cooperation with dating agency

Cooperation with dating agency

There are currently more than 20 centers working across all areas of research, including humanities, social and human sciences.

The Max Planck Society has very special historical ties with this institution.

The close affiliation is also owed to the institutions' shared focus on basic research.

The beginnings of a scientific collaboration with Israel go back to the late 1950s.

"Contact" is how the President of the Max Planck Society, Otto Hahn, at the time referred to the first attempts by German and Israeli researchers after the Holocaust to again find common ground at least in the scientific sector.

Exchange in Israel: Martin Stratmann, President of the Max Planck Society, with Menachem Ben Sasson, President of Hebrew University Jerusalem, and scientists Oded Aharonson in the year 2012 (from left).

One of its key partners is the Weizmann Institute of Science (WIS), which is located in Rehovot, about 20 kilometres south of Tel Aviv.

Many of these collaborations are EU-funded projects in which major international consortia work together.

Two of the twelve international Max Planck Centers worldwide are in Israel.

Between 19, financing was increased so that Israeli postdocs were also able to conduct research at Max Planck Institutes and universities in Germany, and the Israeli universities were also included in the exchange programme.

In the meantime, the Minerva Foundation awards around 50 fellowships a year.

Together with Feodor Lynen and Wolfgang Gentner, in 1959 he issued an official invitation to the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, and just two years later the first German Max Planck scientist spent an extended research residency in Israel.